Twin Mattress Dimensions
Twin mattresses are 74 inches long and 39 inches wide. The width allows only for one person to fit at a time. The length on the other hand allows anyone from a young child to a full-grown adult of a little over 6 feet in height.
When you first move out into that tiny little shoebox apartment, the last thing on your mind is the grandeur of king-sized mattresses. And as long as that remains a dream (sleep pun intended), you need a great alternative that is both comfortable and space friendly.
That is where twin mattresses come in. The twin mattress is your best option for functionality when working with limited square footage. Twins are also ideal for children because they are an affordable option well suit to smaller sleepers.
Who Are Twin Mattresses Made For?
Basically, if you are working with limited space then this is the mattress for you. Below are a few specific scenarios in which this mattress size would come in handy.
- Apartments or bedrooms with small square footage.
- Dorm rooms.
- Children’s bedrooms.
- Some RVs.
Pros of Twin Mattresses
- They are affordable.
- They are easily portable, which makes moving easy.
- They are versatile, suitable to many sleep situations.
- They are small space-friendly.
Cons of Twin Mattresses
- They can only fit one person at a time.
- They are unfavorable for really tall adults.